Cardio Machines Burn Calories
Indoor rowing cardio machines burn calories as a powerful full physique, decreased effect exercise Flywheel design minimizes noise. The reliable functionality of our Model D Indoor Rower has produced it the bestselling rower in the world. The Model D is the identical machine employed by Olympic level athletes to train for their sport. Recognized by intense rowers for indoor training, the Concept2 Model D gives a powerful cardiovascular workout that will raise your fitness level and enhance muscle tone.
The Model D is successfully engineered to last a life time. The technologically advanced cardio machines burn calories and monitors velocity, tempo, distance, and power. A back lit monitor automatically tracks your workout. The user friendly menu helps you deal with a broad assortment of preset routines and transfer your efficiency particulars to your Mac or Laptop with an USB Thumb Drive port. Bluetooth connectivity allow you to pair with acceptable heart charge monitors for heart rate monitoring PC systems and smartphones.
Cardio Machines: Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
If you have decided to install a cardio machine in your home you are taking a step in the right direction. Cardio comes recommended as one of the best exercises that you can do for weight loss, heart health and overall well being. The problem, however, is that there are so many cardio machines out there that it can be very had to narrow down on one. In fact, if you look online you will find websites that list dozens of them. All of them seem to have pros, and they come recommended. To help you out we have decided o review one that is described as the world leader in cardiovascular exercise rowers, the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. So is it all hype or is there something to this cardio machine that makes it stand out? Here are the pros and cons to help you make up your mind.
What is the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine?
The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine has become the cardio machine of choice for the popular workout group, the Crossfit community. In case you haven’t heard of it, this is an exercise regimen that was developed several decades ago by Greg Glassman, which focuses on different high intensity movements performed at high intensity. Each movement is functional, targeting a select group of muscles. Movements include weightlifting, gymnastics, running, rowing and others. The community is highly focused not just on living a healthy lifestyle but also achieving fitness at all levels. If the Crossfit community has decided to adopt the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine, there must be something worth looking into.
Basically, it is a rowing machine that is designed to increase resistance in users, allowing them to work out for longer over time thus burn more calories, become fitter and therefore more ripped. It comes in a stainless steel frame and each rowing stroke uses air resistance, forcing the user to do all the work. The higher the intensity you row at, the more work you do. This means that you can start as slowly as you like and over time increase your intensity as you get stronger. The machine comes with preset workouts and rowing games and there is also a tracking device that tells you your basic stats including distance, calories, pace, resistance and so on. This data can be shared through Wi-Fi and can also be copied onto a USB drive. You can even race with another user on a different machine and compare your statistics. The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine comes in two colors, light gray and black. It is quite affordable compared to other cardio machines in the market.
In case you are wondering whether there are other rowers that compare with the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine, there are only two: the WaterRower rowing machine and the LifeCore R100 Commercial Rowing Machine.
One of the first things you will read in reviews of this rower is that it allows even beginners to work out at their own pace without straining any muscles and without causing any injuries. The rower uses natural movements – unnatural movements are the ones that cause injuries. All muscles are worked out at the same pace and in as little as 10 minutes you will have had enough of a workout for one day. It is not just designed for cardio training – it is also a great machine for those who are looking to build strength. Since it allows you to adjust the resistance and level of tension at any point during the workout you are free to dictate terms depending on how you feel. What most users say, however, is that over time they find themselves going for higher intensity workouts because their bodies can stand it.
Pros of the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
• You can trust the quality of this machine as it is made in the USA, in Morrisville, Vermont. If you feel so inclined you can book a tour of their state-of-the-art facility.
• You know how you get a piece of equipment that takes you days to assemble because it comes in a thousand pieces and instructions in a foreign language? Not the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. It will not take you more than half an hour to put together as all you have to do is attach 8 screws to the machine’s legs.
• The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is designed with a unique kind of air resistance. While producing almost no noise at all it produces a breeze to make your workout more comfortable. You can adjust the airflow through a damper that changes the feel of your stroke, and the amount of effort that you put in determines your resistance – if you want to step things up row harder, but if you feel tired slow things down and you get less resistance.
• The performance monitor is fun and easy to use and you can track your progress and even compete with another Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine user. You can transfer the data to your laptop and save it if you want to track it in the long term. You can use either a USB flash drive or Wi-Fi.
• You can buy an optional on-water simulation slide that you can attach to the machine. It attaches using bungee cords giving you the sensation that you are floating on water. You can use this attachment to connect to other machines and row with teammates.
• The ergonomic angle attaches at a cool 10 degrees which is the exact position that you use when naturally rowing in a boat.
• The seat is only 14″ from the ground which is also very much like rowing in a boat.
• The footrest is adjustable which makes the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine ideal for people of different shoe sizes (think different sizes of people).
• Many people do not buy cardio machines in their homes because they don’t have room for all the bulk that comes with them. Not the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. It detaches into two smaller pieces allowing you to stash it into small places. Putting it back together for use it easy.
• It has transporter wheels that allow you to row it into position easily for you your workouts.
• This machine can take users who weigh up to 500 pounds making it the perfect weight loss cardio machine for your home.
• The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine has an excellent warranty – you get 5 years for the frame and 2 years for the mechanical and electronic parts.
Cardio Machines Burn Calories! What is not to like?
Any good review has to look at the negative aspects of the product, and here is what some people don’t like so much about the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine:
• Some people choose the Model E or the Dynamic simply because they are heavier and therefore feel like they can take more strain and last longer – they come with steel instead of aluminum legs.
• Some people feel that this rower is larger than they would like – it is 96″ wide and 24″ wide. The Dynamic, for example, is just as wide but only 76″ long.
• This rower requires some maintenance because although it comes with a high quality nickel-plated chain, it is partly exposed and gets dry, requiring oiling from time to time. Some users report that they have to oil it before every use – it may all depend on the climate around your home.
• This may be seen as a pro and a con. The monitor comes in a plastic arm which can be swiveled close to the user when they are rowing or further away if they don’t want it close by. The problem, however, is that the arm is made of plastic and is not considered very durable by some. With normal levels of care however you should be able to keep it safe enough, and don’t forget that the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine comes with an excellent warranty.
What others have to say
To give you an idea of how happy people are with this rower we have sampled some reviews from Amazon.com:
“I resisted all the black Friday deals on rowers and bought this one based on the positive reviews. I’m glad I did. Amazon shipped it to me in 2 days. Comes in a large box that weighs about 60 lbs. Very well packaged. Puts together with just 8 bolts. All the tools are included. Took 5 minutes. Despite the positive reviews, this item exceeded my expectations. The machine is extraordinarily solid. No wiggles or give what so ever. Just unbelievable for a 55 lb machine. The rowing motion is great. Clutch uptake is without slack. The slide is smooth. There are complaints about the seat being too hard. I thought that the seat was hard plastic, but it’s very firm rubber. There is cushion, and I didn’t have any problems at all. I bought a gel cushion, but don’t find that I need it. I was a bit worried about noise since my machine is in a hard room. But there is not much noise. I’m able to hear the TV from across the room. Overall, this is one of the very few items that I’ve experienced that far exceeds my expectation
“Having this machine in the house is great. A 15 minute workout in the morning takes 15 minutes and 30 seconds. There is no packing a gym bag, no back and forth to the gym, no OMG moment when you realize you forgot your shower shoes. Just hop on, row and relax, then proceed with your normal routine at home. Did I mention this machine is smooth? We have no regrets with this choice.” Bailey
- Indoor rowing is a full body exercising flywheel layout minimizes noise
- 20 Inch seat height
- Adjustable foot rests and ergonomic layout
- Effortlessly separates into two pieces for storage
- Caster wheels
- Needs footprint of 9 x 4 feet 500-pound capacity
The dependable performance of the Model D Indoor Rower has made it the best selling indoor rower on earth. Recognized by competitive rowers as the standard for indoor training, the Model D delivers an effective cardiovascular workout which will increase your fitness level and tone your physique. At a fraction of the cost of other home fitness equipment or a yearly gym membership, you can have the luxury of working out in your home you choose and get a great workout to boot.
Practical design is valued by us: our Model D will last a lifetime and is engineered. Is the same machine used by Olympic and elite athletes to train for their sport it’ll choose the abuse of heavy training day after day. The Model D is the perfect choice in the event you are looking for a solid piece of exercise equipment at a great value.
Cardio Machines Burn Calories at home and the gym
You walk into the gym and see the usual assortment of cardio equipment. You’ve one goal in mind for this particular workout: burn calories in the shortest amount of time. Which exercise machine should you choose? Rowing is an excellent full body workout together with the potential to burn 1000 calories per hour over. To tap within this potential, you need to use fast pace and a high resistance.
Why You Must Diet and Exercise To Lose Weight
Most health professionals estimate that diet accounts for 75-80% of weight loss. Eating healthier foods, such as vegetables, also helps your body increase its metabolism and burn calories while it digests the food. One possible strategy to increase the amount of calories is to eat 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large meals. This may help your body burn more calories and keep its metabolism up longer throughout the day.
The best formula for losing weight is to burn more calories than you take in. Combining exercise and diet is the best way to lose weight because cutting out a couple unhealthy food items and exercising for 30 minutes a day will help you create a big enough calorie deficit to lose over 1 pound per week.
The Way Cardio Machines Burn Calories
The body burns calories many different ways like eating, digestion, breathing, repairing cells, working out, etc. A fit person that rows for 1 hour will burn less calories than the same over weight person rowing. This is because the out of shape person has to exert more energy to complete the same workout. Your heart rate will be higher if you’re out of shape and you will burn more calories.
3,500 calories equals 1 pound. So a person must have a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat.
Concept2 Cardio Machine Builds Lean Muscle
Building muscle will help cardio machines burn calories through the day. Studies show that 1 pound of muscle burns 9 calories per hour while 1 pound of fat burns 0 calories. Not only does this cardio machines burn calories while your rowing, but it can actually lead to you having a higher metabolism overall.
Increase the amount of full rowing motions of your stroke rate by getting your flywheel to spin faster or create more power. To go a little faster on a rowing machine requires far more energy and calories.
High intensity workouts also have something called after burn. This is wherever your body has to increase its rate of oxygen intake to account for the oxygen deficit after a strenuous workout and help return your body to its resting state. This after burn effect can raise metabolic rates for hours after a workout and may continue to burn 100-200 calories more after you finished your rowing routine.
Concept 2 Rowing Machine Monitors Calories Burned
Rowing cardio machines burn calories while working out but the calories can be difficult to calculate because there are so many factors in the calculation for example age, weight, heart rate, intensity, time, etc. Calculating the calories burned on a cheap rowing machine can be difficult and it is a question that comes up. Your Concept2 D Indoor rowing machine with PM5 monitor will calculate the calories burned effortlessly. The more expensive the rowing machine, the better the monitor and calorie calculator. The Concept2 Model D PM5 monitor does a great job calculating rowing machine calories burned during cardiovascular exercise.
Rowing machines are a great way to build muscle because it incorporates resistance training with a great cardio workout. Join the many people that purchase the sales leading Concept2 rowing machine to help them lose weight and get in shape.
If you are looking for a cardio machine that you can use at your own pace, that will deliver exceptional results and that is compact and easy to use you should look no further than the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. Regardless to whether you are a beginner or a seasoned cardio expert this is a machine that will make a difference in your fitness and strength levels. You will also like the fact that it comes together so easily, and it retails for a reasonable price. You get a nice warranty to go with it, which tells you that you are getting a reliable piece of equipment. The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is definitely a worthy investment!